I believe its not only important to preach/teach Biblically and Gospel-centeredly, but its also important to preach/teach strategically. For example, we just started releasing passages for daily devotions to our students. This sermon in our Genesis series not only teaches them Genesis 4-11, but it also strategically teaches students how to get the most out of their Old Testament devotions.
The best way to resist sin is to know Satan’s strategy for sin. Genesis 3 is the best chapter in the entire Bible to let us in on Satan’s secret strategy for sin. The sermon will show your students how sin is far more serious than they even realize. Feel free to download these resources and make them your own.
CBSM, since we’re finishing up our 5+ year long series through the Bible, this summer we want you to come up with the sermon topics. What would you like to hear about? What questions do you have? What have you always wondered about? What do you want to hear discussed? We’ll pick up the 9 most requested topics. Have all your answers in by Wednesday, May 22. I want you to email, tweet, text, or Facebook me your suggestions. Here are a few topics to help you brainstorm (pick one of these or email in your own):
– How can I best study the Bible daily?
– What is the best way to pray?
– What does a Christian need to know about homosexuality?
– What kind of music should I be listening to?
– What is the best way to witness to my friends?
– How do I know God’s will for my life?
– How do I know for sure if I’m saved?
– Should I forgive someone who really hurt me?
– What does God think about me after I’ve really messed up?
– How am I supposed to know who God wants me to date and marry?
– How am I supposed to know what I need to do with my life?
– How do I keep my friends but witness to them at the same time?
Those are just some sample questions. Feel free to request those or absolutely anything else. Again, we’ll pick up to the 9 most popular questions. You can text, tweet, facebook message, email, or walk up and tell me your suggestions!