Hey CBSM Parents, Students, and Stalkers!
Here are 5 quick things all yall need to know about CBSM this fall and for the rest of the semester!
1. Small Groups this Sunday AM. Yes, we are kicking off our brand new small group semester tomorrow morning! All of our 6th – 12th graders are invited to attend at the 9am or 10:30am hour starting with announcements all together in the student building. We have small groups for everyone at both hours. CBSM teens, please plan to bring a drink or breakfast snack for your small group to share. Scroll down to find more info on this below.
2. Student Ministry Teams this Sunday PM. We want all of our students to come back this Sunday night at 6:30pm to join one of our “SMT’s”. At 6:30pm in the student building, I will teach our students really quick on how to discover their own personal spiritual giftedness, then we will announce the student ministry teams for the semester, and then they can pick their own student ministry team to serve on for the semester. Scroll down to find more info on this below.
3. Combined Worship Service this Wednesday PM. We have decided to combine our middle and high school ministries back together for Wednesday night worship services over the fall semester. This Wednesday we will kick it all off with a free cookout for all 6th – 12th graders from 6:00 – 6:25pm. We will crank up our combined worship service at 6:30pm, and there I will explain what all we have in store for our upcoming fall semester!
4. Back 2 School Bash: Wed, August 29, 2012. Our B2SB is one of the biggest events we do all year. The purpose is to bring as many teenagers as possible to CBSM at one time. We want to introduce them to Jesus, the gospel, CBSM, and Capshaw. So from 4:30 – 9:30 on Wednesday, Aug 29, we’re bringing in tons of games, inflatables, cooking up a on of food, throwing a crazy service, and ending it out with an awesome chill time together till 9:30pm. We want your students there bringing their friends with them! Scroll down to find more info on this below.
5. FTL Leadership Traning. FTL stands for Follow The Leader. This leadership training class is for our high school students who want to grow deeper and go farther in their leadership. So it is for 9th – 12th grade students and it will be offered on Sunday nights from 7:30 – 9:00pm. We will be reading “Gospel-Centered Discipleship” by Jonathan Dodson, and the books will be provided for the students. The required application and more information can be found here: https://youthgrouptruth.com/2012/08/18/ftl-fall-2012-cbsm-leadership-training-group/
I hope ALLLLL of this information helps you keep everything straight as we kick off our best semester yet in CBSM!
Only by His grace,
You must be logged in to post a comment.