I’m totally humbled that God would be using this blog. For whatever reason, He really seems to be blessing it. In just the last 2 1/2 months, there have been over 10,000 hits. So I just wanted to take a quick minute to thank all yall for keeping up with it, checking out all the resources, praying for our ministry from it, and not posting nasty comments whenever you disagree with me. I also wanted to take the opportunity to remind erbuddy of my purpose for this blog:
1. Student Ministry Resources: While being a student pastor, I have been shocked at the shortage of biblically deep, Christ-centered, and challenging applicable resources for students. When all the public resources come out, the publishers seem to have to cater to so many denominations that the resources lose their edge, theological stance, and gospel focus. So as our student ministry is fully committed to preaching all the Scriptures accurately, centered on Christ, grounded on the gospel, and applicable to real students lives…we put all of our resources on the blog in case other student pastors are interested in doing the same. Also, I have to say, God has blessed us with a truly gifted media guy, Andrew England, who does all of our artwork, logos, handouts, slides, videos, etc. You name it, he does it. The dude totally makes me look cool…when I’m so not. So with all that in mind, we put all our stuff on the blog to make a real difference for Christ in student minstries everywhere. If you’re a youth pastor using some of our resources, I’d love to hear from you, hear what you’re using, and hear how God is using it in your ministry.
2. Student Ministry Events and Ideas: We all learn from mistakes, and we all easily capitalize off of the ideas from others and make them even better. So I try to post all of our events and ideas that we try out so that many other student pastors can learn from all our mistakes and capitalize off of all our ideas.
3. Theological Thoughts: When current events come about that seem to have an affect on student ministry, teenage culture, or the church in general, I try to comment in a way that we must have a biblical perspective for the glory of Christ within His kingdom.
4. Parent and Student Resource: I”m using the blog more and more today for a resource bank for our parents and students to easily access information on a trip, get details of an upcoming event, download important documents, learn what we’ve been going through, and catch up on something they have missed out on.
5. Family and Friends: I post many things on the blog just for family and friend to keep up to date with everything that is going on so that they can be praying for us as we seek to do God’s will in our ministry for the glory of Christ through the work of the gospel.